•Knox College was chartered to a degree by the Government of Ontario in 1858. Its importance in 1 Spadina Crescent 1875-1915, continues to be recalled by the historic plaque. The current building, located at the University of Toronto Center (adjacent to the meeting room), was consecrated in 1915. It's perpendicular Gothic style, modeled at the colleges of Oxford and Cambridge, One of the best examples of this architecture in Canada.
•While all Knox Departments and the majority of students joined the United Church of Canada in 1925, the building received Knox Presbyterian Church in Canada. The College has continued to pay particular attention to preserving the distinctive features of Presbyterian heritage in an ecumenical theological environment.
•Since 1969, Knox has been a member of the Toronto School of Theology Institute (TST), a federation of seven colleges at the University of Toronto. Under the terms of the agreement with the University, a Master's degree in theology, a master's degree in theology and a doctorate in theology are awarded in collaboration with the University.
•Diploma Doctorate offered by the TST. Knox also registers students for the Masters and Doctorate degrees in theology with real degrees awarded by the University of St. Michael. Knox alone reserves the right to award the degree of Doctor of Theology (honoris causa). Knox College is a full-fledged member of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada.