The Victoria University of Wellington was established in 1897, on the 60th coronation anniversary of Queen Victoria, and is located in Wellington. It has a diverse student population of more than 21,000 and is renowned for its interdisciplinary courses and focus on research. Having three beautiful campuses in the city of Wellington, the Victoria University is a preferred study destination for many international students from all over the globe.
Victoria University of Wellington at a glance
- The Victoria University of Wellington ranks 229th in the QS International Universities Rankings
- It has the highest average research grade in the Performance-Based Research Fund of the government of New Zealand
- It is renowned the world over for its courses in law and humanities, with the science and technology disciplines emerging as a favourite among students in the recent years
- The Victoria University of Wellington has more than 40 research centres and institutes
- The esteemed faculty in the Victoria University of Wellington include many achievers in the varied fields of academics
The university boasts of many famous poets, leaders, economists, bankers, philanthropists, lawyers, diplomats, CEOs, filmmakers and a Speaker of the House of Representatives in the New Zealand parliament