The largest university in New Zealand, the University of Auckland is located in the beautiful and big city of Auckland. With a student population of around 40,000, the University of Auckland is a much-revered institution of higher education in the country for its excellent faculty and academic staff. The variety of courses in the University of Auckland is unmatched by any university in New Zealand. Established in 1883, the University of Auckland has six campuses and consists of eight faculties. It is affiliated with Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), Association of Pacific Rim Universities, Universitas 21, Worldwide Universities Network (WUN) and Asia-Pacific Association for International Education (APAIE).
University of Auckland at a glance
- The University of Auckland ranks 81st in the QS World University Rankings
- Times Higher Education has consistently named the University of Auckland as one among the top 200 universities in the world
- About 35 percent of the best academic researchers in New Zealand are from the University of Auckland
- Among the top 40 subjects taught in higher education institutions in New Zealand according to the QS World Subject Rankings, 35 are taught at the University of Auckland
- The Performance-Based Research Fund (PBRF) adjudged the University of Auckland as the second best higher education institution in the country for its commitment to the research sector
- The alumni of the University of Auckland include reputed achievers in the fields of sports, television, diplomacy, law, education, business, music, and science and technology