- A three-year or four-year bachelor's level qualification in an engineering discipline with a minimum CGPA of 4.5 out of 7 from an accredited higher education institution
English language requirements:
- IELTS Academic: A minimum overall band score of 6.5 with at least 6 in each individual band
- TOEFL PBT: An overall score of 570 with a TWE score of 5 and 54 in Listening and Reading
- TOEFL iBT: A minimum overall score of 87 with a Writing score of 21 and Reading, Listening and Speaking scores of 19 each
- Cambridge English (Advanced): A minimum grade of C (pre-2015) or an overall score of at least 176 (post-2015)
- Cambridge English (Proficiency): A minimum grade of C (pre-2015) or an overall score of at least 176 (post-2015)
- PTE (Academic): A minimum overall score of 64 with at least 60 in each communicative skill
Application process: Online (through the international students’ application portal on the official website of University of Queensland)
Application fee: AU$ 100 (INR 4981 approximately)
- Academic transcripts of all previous qualifications
- Certificates of all prior qualifications
- English language proficiency test scorecards
- A copy of passport or similar travel document for proof of identity and nationality
According to a mandate by the government of Australia, the higher education institutions in the country charge a Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) in addition to the tuition fees and other administrative fees. The SSAF covers the expense of the host of facilities and support services available to the students inside and outside the campus premises of the tertiary education providers and is determined by the Australian government every year. The international students must also purchase an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) from an authorised insurer for the duration of their study program Down Under.
Annual tuition fees for Master of Engineering Science (Management) at University of Queensland: AU$ 36,688 (INR 18.27 lacs approximately)
Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF): AU$ 298 (INR 15,130 approximately)
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): AU$ 437 (INR 22,188 approximately)
With a gradually expanding demand of engineering managers all over the globe, the graduates from the University of Queensland are spoilt for choices with the career options available to them on completion of their study program in the esteemed university. Graduate Careers Australia reports the high demand for engineering management graduates in and outside the country with a PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) spokesperson adding that the country needs to train more than 21,000 additional engineers by 2030. The dynamic job market offers the following career options or professional roles to the graduates of Master of Engineering Science from the University of Queensland.
- Systems expert
- Quality assurance manager (industry)
- Quality control officer (power plants)
- Networking analyst
- Management consultant
- Project manager (manufacturing)
- Engineering manager (data)
- Engineering manager (oil and gas)
- Service manager (security software systems)
- Technical operations manager
- Design services team leader
- Structural manager (industry).
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) sanctions several scholarships on behalf of the Australian government every year for the international students applying to study in the esteemed higher education institutions in the country. Recognising exceptional merit and potential of the international students, the DFAT scholarships normally cover the expenses towards the tuition fees, a monthly stipend and the OSHC.
The University of Queensland too has multiple awards and scholarships for the brilliant and meritorious students at the undergraduate and postgraduate level of studies. The following are the scholarship options available for the international students of Master of Engineering Science (Management) at the university, apart from the DFAT scholarships and Endeavour Program.
- Master of Energy Studies Scholarship
- UQ International India Scholarship for High Achievers
- International Scholarships for Postgraduate Coursework – India