- A plus-two level qualification (CBSE/ISC) with an excellent academic record with English and mathematics/ physics/ chemistry studied as compulsory subjects at the plus-two level
English language requirements:
- IELTS Academic: A minimum overall band score of 6.5 with no less than 6 in each band
- TOEFL PBT: An overall score of 577 with a TWE score of at least 5
- TOEFL iBT: At least 90 overall with minimum 23 in Writing and 22 in Speaking, Listening and Reading
- PTE (Academic): Minimum 64 overall with no component score below 54
- Cambridge English (Advanced): A minimum overall score of 176 with at least 169 in each subtest
- Cambridge English (Proficiency): A minimum overall score of 180 with at least 180 in each subtest
Application process: Online (through the official website of University of New South Wales)
Application fee: AU$ 100 (INR 5079 approximately)
Documents required for applying:
- Academic transcripts of all previous qualifications
- Certificates of graduation of prior qualifications
- English language proficiency test scorecards
- A copy of passport or similar travel document as proof of nationality
The higher education institutions in Australia charge a Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) in addition to tuition fees and other academic fees as per the government mandate. Determined by the Australian government every year, the SSAF covers the cost of the top-notch facilities and support services available to the students inside and outside the campus premises of the education providers. Furthermore, all overseas students coming for a study program in Australia must also purchase an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) from an approved insurer for the duration of their stay Down Under.
Annual tuition fees for B.E. (Honours) in Electrical Engineering at University of New South Wales: AU$ 39,360 (INR 19.79 lacs approximately)
Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF): AU$ 298 (INR 15,130 approximately)
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): AU$ 437 (INR 22,188 approximately)
The career prospects for electrical engineers from the University of New South Wales are varied in nature and plenty in number. As renowned telecommunications, electricity authorities and biomedical firms in public and private sector have a constant demand for dynamic professionals skilled with problem-solving abilities of their fields, the graduates do not find it difficult to find suitable placement on completion of their study program at the University of New South Wales. Large multinational corporations and public departments of electricity continuously seek the professional expertise of potential employers from the outgoing batch of electrical engineering at the university. The following are some popular job options for overseas students studying Electrical Engineering at the University of New South Wales.
- Technical support personnel
- Circuit systems designer
- Electrical systems maintenance personnel
- Powerhouse manager
- Electrical circuit advisor
- Automation specialist
- Testing engineer
- IT systems inspector
- Electrical distribution designer
- Digital grid developer.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) scholarships, administered by the government of Australia, honour talented and academically outstanding international students studying in the Australian higher education institutions. The DFAT scholarships usually cover the tuition fee, a monthly stipend, the OSHC, and other academic expenses for the international students.
While the DFAT scholarships can be availed by studying in any Australian higher education institution, there are some university-specific scholarship options available for the overseas students as well. The following are the University of New South Wales scholarships for exceptional students of B.E. (Honours) in Electrical Engineering.
- UNSW Golden Jubilee Scholarship for International Students
- Bill Pardy University Challenge Award
- Ian Somervaille Award
- UNSW Honours Year Scholarships
- UNSW Alumni Association Scholarships
- Neville A. Whiffen Memorial Award
- International Centre Global Mobility (ICGM) Scholarship
- Scientia Scholarships