- A plus-two level qualification (CBSE/ISC) with at least an average score of 97% (average score to be calculated combining the score for the best four externally examined subjects including English)
A plus-two level qualification (State Board Matriculation for Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal) with at least an average score of 95% (average score to be calculated combining the score for the best five externally examined subjects at the plus-two level)
- Mathematics and statistics/economics studied as a compulsory subject at the plus-two level
English language requirements:
- IELTS Academic: A minimum overall band score of 7 with no individual band score less than 6
- TOEFL PBT: A minimum overall score of 592 with at least 4.5 in TWE
- TOEFL iBT: An overall score of no less than 96 with at least 19 in Writing and 17 in Speaking, Listening and Reading
Application process: Online (through the official website of the University of Sydney)
Application processing fee: AU$ 125 (INR 6229 approximately)
Documents required for applying:
- Academic transcripts of all previous qualifications
- Certificates of all prior qualifications
- English language proficiency test scorecards
- A copy of passport or similar travel document for proof of identity and country of residence
The government of Australia mandates that every higher education institution in the country charge a Student Services and Amenities fee (SSAF) in addition to the tuition fees and other academic expenses. The SSAF is determined annually by the Australian government and covers the costs of the wide range of student support system and facilities available both inside and outside the premises of the higher education institutions in the country. The international applicants must also purchase an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) from an approved insurer for the entire duration of their study program Down Under.
Annual tuition fees for Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science at University of Sydney: AU$ 40,500 (INR 20.18 lacs approximately)
Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF): AU$ 298 (INR 15,130 approximately)
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): AU$ 437 (INR 22,188 approximately)
Having a combined degree in the nuances of finance, analytics, business and the sciences, the Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science graduates from the University of Sydney find varied career options for them on completion of their globally acclaimed study program. Immersed in practical learning through the internship and project assignments throughout the duration of their studies, the graduates find fulfilling and enriching working opportunities in the following roles.
- Biosecurity researcher
- Green entrepreneur
- Financial advisor
- Economic policy expert
- Corporate relations officer
- Investment banker
- Marketing executive
- Management consultant
- Enterprise architect
- Human resources specialist.
There are thousands of government-sponsored scholarship opportunities for the brilliant international students applying to study in the Australian higher education institutions. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) administers most of these scholarships that cover the expenses of the tuition fees and educational costs, the OSHC and a monthly stipend for the talented international students.
Apart from the DFAT scholarships and the Endeavour program, there are multiple scholarship opportunities for the students of the University of Sydney too. Giving recognition to the bright young minds and helping them reach newer heights academically; the following are the scholarship options for the Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science students at the University of Sydney.
- Dean’s Undergraduate Scholarship (International)
- Wayne Lonergan Distinguished Undergraduate Scholarship
- University of Sydney Business School and Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness Scholarships for Outstanding Academic and Sporting Achievement
- Vice-Chancellor International Scholarships Scheme
- The Washington DC Industry Placement Program Scholarship
- The Los Angeles Industry Placement Program Scholarship
- The Paris Industry Placement Program Scholarship
- University of Sydney Local Industry Placement Program Scholarship
- The Business School United States Study Center (USSC) Study Abroad Scholarship